A bit of a refresher for those new to Creative Bloomings (Poetic Bloomings)…
This is Creative Bloomings — a place where creativity grows and flourishes in a supportive and encouraging environment. Please join us each Sunday for our prompts and examples. Wednesday we explore a different poetic form. Friday, we delve into flash fiction. We ecourage you to share your paintings and other artwork, your photographic art, your music/songs… anything you create is welcome here! So, get creating..
GUIDELINES AND FEATURES:
1. HAVE FUN. The guidelines aren’t meant to be restrictive. They are just to try to keep everyone on the same page.
2. “SUNDAY SEED.” Every Sunday, we will post a new prompt. You may post your poems at any time throughout the week(s) ahead. We ask that you try to keep to the prompt. It makes it easier to categorize the subject matter.
3. HOW TO POST. Poems may be posted in the COMMENTS section for each prompt. You may also post to your personal blog and leave a link to your poem in the COMMENTS.
>4. WHO MAY POST? Creative Bloomings is open to all poets, fiction writers, artists and photographers regardless of skill level, point of view, or age. As such, we encourage members to “be mindful of this and keep it clean.” Our goal is to encourage and learn from one another. Hopefully we’ll all gain a fresh understanding of the creative process.
5. “WILD CARD.” We will have the occasional “WILD CARD” prompt to allow you to let your muse loose.
6. “BRILLIANT BLOOMS.” Weekly, Walt and a Guest Host will each “pick” a “bloom” (poem) of the week to highlight. In the past we were able to publish “POETIC BLOOMINGS: The First Year” and the second volumeof these works. We’ll see what pans out.
7. “POET INTERVIEWS.” On the third Thursday of each month, we feature one of our Poetic Bloomings members, or other special guest. This includes an interview with the poet, samples of their work, advice, photo, etc.
8. “INFORM POETS.” Every Wednesday we feature INFORM POETS! A poetic form is presented for your consideration and information. (More of a tutorial for some of the lesser known or invented forms). We encourage you to try your hand at these forms, and we may choose to highlight one of your in-form poems on occasion.
9. “FLASHY FICTION FRIDAY.” On Friday, a prompt will be offered for your consideration to write a bit of flash fiction, if you appreciate that discipline. Rob and Aimee Halpin, along with Walt will host these forays into that world.
10. “DAISY CHAIN.” Please provide a link to your blog for our “DAISY CHAIN.” We are about promoting your work. You retain the rights to all your poems — we just wish to help give you another venue for exposure. Links may be e-mailed to Walt at email@example.com.
11. “BOOK SHELF.” Let us know if you have been published, and flaunt it here. We encourage success. If you have a collection or chapbook available, allow us to post it on our “BOOK SHELF” with your link for all who may be interested.
12. BLOG HOPPING. We encourage you to visit the blogs of other poets and contributors regularly. Leave constructive and supportive comments. We want to nurture the expression of these creative works.
13. QUESTIONS may be directed to our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
14. HAVE FUN. Did we already say that? Must be important. 😉
Any updates will be highlighted under that banner. We would like to establish a community of poets, writers and artists working for a common goal: the propagation of all things creative. Plant your creativity seeds here, and allow them to bloom in our garden. We look forward to your contributions to the creative process!